As part of its public service and education mission, the Regents of the University of Michigan, through Michigan Medicine have created Patient Education Materials that include text, illustrations, graphics, symbols, video, audio or other content (“Materials”). The Materials appear at http://careguides.med.umich.edu and are protected by copyright and other applicable laws. You may use the Materials for non-commercial purposes as long as such use is consistent with the terms outlined below. Any use of the Materials other than as authorized here or by copyright law is prohibited.
I. Permission to Use Materials
A. Except as otherwise noted, the Materials are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License. (“License”). For the full License, click here.
Following is a summary of the License terms.
You are free:
1) to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit any Material;
2) to Remix — to adapt any Material.
Under the following conditions:
1) Attribution — You must attribute the Material to Michigan Medicine (but not in any way that suggests that Michigan Medicine endorses you or your use of the Materials).
2) Noncommercial — You may not use these Materials for commercial purposes.
3) Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon any Material, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license not in conflict with this one.
With the understanding that:
1) Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from Michigan Medicine in writing.
2) Public Domain — Where the Materials or any of its elements are in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the License.
3) Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the License:
a) Third-party Materials licensed solely by Michigan Medicine. Other uses such as republication, retransmission, and reproduction are not authorized by Michigan Medicine and may require you to seek independent authorization.
b) Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable uses you make through the limitations described in the Copyright Act.
c) Rights other persons may have either in the Materials themselves or in how the Materials are used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
4) Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the License terms of these Materials. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
B.. For permission beyond the permissions expressly granted above, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
II. Limitations and Restrictions on Use of Materials
1) Repackage, sell or resell any Material.
2) Remove any Michigan Medicine copyright notice or disclaimer from any Material.
3) Charge any fee for use of the Material in any way.
4) Frame the Material or incorporate any portion of a particular Material into a different site or product in such a way that it is not clear to users that UMHS is the source of the Material content.
5) Engage in the promotion or publication of illegal or obscene content.
6) Suggest in any way that Michigan Medicine endorses, sponsors, or promotes your service or product.
B. Upon written request from Michigan Medicine, you agree to stop any use of or link to the Materials.
Michigan Medicine retains and specifically does not transfer any or all of its rights in Materials.
A. Michigan Medicine provides the Materials for information purposes only. Materials do not provide specific medical advice. Michigan Medicine does not intend the Materials to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Patients and consumers reading Materials should review the information carefully with their professional health care provider. Patients should consult with a qualified health care provider for medical advice or other health care assistance. Patients should never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of information provided in Materials.
B. Michigan Medicine does not endorse any medical or professional service obtained through any provider using the Materials or linking to the Materials. Use of the Materials does not replace medical consultation with a qualified health or medical professional to meet the health and medical needs of you or others.
C. MICHIGAN MEDICINE PROVIDES THE MATERIALS "AS IS." While the content of the Materials is frequently updated, medical information changes rapidly and, therefore, some information may be out of date, and/or contain inaccuracies or typographical errors.
D. MICHIGAN MEDICINE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITYOR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITIES WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS.
By using the Materials you agree to release Michigan Medicine from any claim based on your use of Materials.